The lab aims to:
– understand and enhance users’ experience and interaction with technology.
– understand the significant supportive and mediating role of technology in promoting learning, communication & collaboration, and social change, in varied circumstances and contexts.
Research in the Cyprus Interaction Lab revolves around two main research themes: 1) Human Computer Interaction and Inclusive Design and 2) Instructional Technology and Social Computing. Research topics include:
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Inclusive design/Accessibility
- Educational Technology
- Social aspects of computing
- Technology-enhanced learning
- Technology integration in K-20
- Educational Robotics
- Advanced Technologies for Learning
- Computer Games and their social and pedagogical dimensions
- Computer Mediated Communication (CMC)
- Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)
- Computer Supported Collaborative Work (CSCW)
The lab has a specially equipped usability laboratory designed for running user evaluations in a comfortable environment which is configured with state-of-the-art equipment. The Cyprus Interaction Lab also offers an MSc in Interaction Design.
This lab is the first of its kind in Cyprus and can offer high quality research aiming to become a center of excellence in these domains.