The lab aims to:
– understand and enhance users’ experience and interaction with technology.
– understand the significant supportive and mediating role of technology in promoting learning, communication & collaboration, and social change, in varied circumstances and contexts.
Research in the Cyprus Interaction Lab revolves around two main research themes: 1) Human Computer Interaction and Inclusive Design and 2) Instructional Technology and Social Computing. Research topics include:
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Inclusive design/Accessibility
- Social aspects of computing
- Technology-enhanced learning
- Technology integration in K-20
- Technology for social change
- Computer Mediated Communication (CMC)
- Computer Supported Collaborative Work (CSCW)
- Computer Games and their social and pedagogical dimensions
The lab has a specially equipped usability laboratory designed for running user evaluations in a comfortable environment which is configured with state-of-the-art equipment.
This lab is the first of its kind in Cyprus and can offer high quality research aiming to become a center of excellence in these domains.